|#1: Service was established December 7, 1921 via Pacific Ave. - San Fernando Rd. - Cypress Ave. - Glendale Ave. - Palmer Ave. - Adams St., then rerouted via San Fernando Rd. on November 6, 1923.|
#2: Service on Pacific Ave. - Kenneth Rd. was established in 1922, then extended via Broadway November 6, 1923.
#3: Service on Wilson Ave. - Salem St. - Chester St. - Doran St. was established November 6, 1923.
Map shows service as of November 6, 1923.
|#1: Service was extended to Rossmoyne via Broadway - Jackson St. - Glenoaks Blvd. on September 9, 1928 |
#2: Service was rerouted to Colorado Ave. in the summer of 1924 and then extended eastward via Verdugo Rd. - Chevy Chase Dr. and westward via Bel Aire Dr. on November 20, 1924. A western branch to Lake St. was established September 9, 1928.
The Wilson Ave. - Salem St. - Chester St. - Doran St. service was discontinued September 9, 1928.
Map shows service as of September 9, 1928.
|#1: Extended and rerouted via Chevy Chase Dr. - Brunswick Ave. - Atwater Ave., and Adams Square service connected at opposite end of route via Broadway, on June 1, 1930 .|
#2: Bel Aire service rerouted to Kenneth Rd. on September 18, 1929.
#3: Lake branch replaced by establishment of new service via Wilson Ave. - Concord St. - Glenwood Rd. - Grandview Ave. - Sonora Ave., Chevy Chase Dr. service extended (it had been previously extended for a brief period from October, 1926 to October, 1928) and branch established via Glenoaks Blvd. on June 1, 1930.
Map shows service as of June 1, 1930.
|#1: Brunswick-Atwater service rerouted via Los Feliz Dr. and Adams Square service rerouted via Colorado St. on March 1, 1934.|
#2: Rossmoyne service extended via Canada Blvd. on March 1, 1934.
#3: Glenoaks branch cutback and Chevy Chase rerouted via Lexington Dr. on March 1, 1934.
#4: Replacement service on Broadway - Verdugo Rd. established March 1, 1934.
Map shows service as of March 1, 1934.
|#1: Broadway-Verdugo service was discontinued and the Adams Square service was extended to Verdugo Rd. July 23, 1934; the Adams Square service was combined with the Lake service January 15, 1940 via Colorado St.|
#2: Rossmoyne service cutback July 23, 1934; Bel Aire Dr. service reestablished January 15, 1940.
#3: Chevy Chase branch discontinued and Glenoaks service combined with the Brunswick-Atwater service January 15, 1940.
#4: Kenneth Rd. service extended through Burbank Highlands to downtown Burbank May 25, 1936; extended on Broadway July 12, 1936 to replace cancelled rail service.
Map shows service as of January 15, 1940.
|Glendale Beeline began service December 3, 1984. Service operated from the Galleria north to the 134 freeway and east to Glendale City Hall on two routes; clockwise (north on Central Ave. and south on Brand Blvd.) and counter-clockwise (north on Brand Blvd. and south on Central Ave.). Fares were set at 25 cents, although that fare was suspended from November 1, 1988 until August 16, 1993.|
|On February 2, 1987, service was extended north of the freeway, with the clockwise route ("Diamond") operating via Arden Ave. - Glenoaks Blvd. - Dryden St. and the counter-clockwise route ("Dash") operating via Stocker St.|
|A new one-way loop ("Dot") connecting the Glendale Galleria to the Amtrak Station (later also used by Metrolink and now called Glendale Transportation Center) began operation October 1, 1990.|
|Effective October 28, 1992 (two days after Metrolink service began) two peak-hour "express" shuttles began operation.
Route 11 (left) operates northbound into downtown Glendale in the morning, with a slightly modified southbound route to the Glendale Transportation Center (Metrolink Station) in the afternoons.
Route 12 (right) operates bi-directional between the Glendale and Burbank Metrolink Stations.
Neither route has been modified in any way since beginning operation.
|All three routes on Brand Blvd. and Central Ave. (the Dash and Diamond Routes north of the Galleria and all of the Dot Route) were combined into Routes 1 & 2 and service was extended farther north to Mountain St.|
|Route 4 began operating between the Galleria, Glendale College, and Palmer Park, incorporating the eastern portions of the Dash and Diamond Routes.|
|Route 3 began operation along Chevy Chase Ave. to/from Adventist Medical Center and Route 5 began operation between Verdugo Hills Hospital and the La Crescenta area. These two lines were cancelled the following June.|
|The Route 1 & 2 extension to Mountain St., which had existed for nearly ten years, was eliminated as service was modified to operate via Stocker St. September 3, 2002. (Map shows Route 2 only; both routes used identical routing in opposite directions.)
|Route 7 was realigned via Allen Ave. between Kenneth Rd. and San Fernando Rd. (dashed lines on map) September 3, 2002 and realigned to Glenoaks Blvd. (in response to Allen Ave. residents) November 15, 2004.|
|The Route 3 deviation to/from Verdugo Hills Hospital was eliminated April 16, 2005.|
|Route 7 was realigned from Allen Ave. to Alameda Ave. February 13, 2006.|
|RETURN TO THE
|CONTINUE TO PROPOSED